back to article Kindle, Eee PC top Amazon.com 'most wanted' list

Asus' Eee PC miniature laptop is the Amazon.com's most-wanted notebook, the company chirped today. When we checked this morning, the 4GB Eee PC was there at the top of the list of "most wished for" notebooks, above Apple's MacBook (second place) and MacBook Pro (third place), and Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet (fourth) and N810 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dunstan Vavasour
    Coat

Christmas and Summer Holidays

Sir,

While your article covers how the Eee PC is such a wished for item, it is around this time that we start thinking not only of what we would like for Christmas, but also of next year's summer holiday. While exploring off-the-beaten-track locations has its appeals, there's nothing quite like lying on a beach to help unwind.

Somehow a beach holiday and techie toys don't seem to resonate together very well, but you may somewhere in your pictures archive have something which will join these two improbable themes?

2. Jonathan Richards
    Go

Cripes!

This bird is getting more, umm, exposure than Andrew "Brillopad" Neil.

Top job. Keep it up.

3. Simon Cresswell

The hand..

There is something wrong with her hand..

Methinks Frankenstin has been at work... and I need to get my priorities right.

4. Rob
    Coat

Hmmmm

"Somehow a beach holiday and techie toys don't seem to resonate together very well..."

Judging by the pic they seemed to be doing well, a fine looking machine... (you know the rest)

(No coat, it's hot on this beach)

5. Hein Kruger

call me a cynic...

but i wonder how much Asus paid to get their little toy to the top of the list?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Portable

Just curious, haven't done any research - "Nokia's N800 Internet Tablet and N810 Portable Internet Tablet". So is the N800 not portable then?

7. Pedantic Twat
    Coat

Vampire PC?

The young lady does indeed seem to have a problem with her hand, almost as though it had been grafted on at some point.

Also, and this is not necessarily unrelated, I am also a little concerned that the PC appears to throw no shadow, much like the vampirical undead of legend.

Could it be that Vlad the Impaler has been reborn with a Linux operating system?

We must be told! To the castle!

8. John
    Alert

Title

It's just struck me (and possibly Simon above) - that image we've been seeing so much of is a Photoshop job. The Eee isn't really there. That poor lass.

9. Simon Cresswell
    Coat

Never mind the poor lass John

..think of the poor Eee - not the view it was expecting!

10. Barry
    Joke

Something wrong with her hand?

Well, I've got 2 here.

And, would gladly give her one.

Putting coat on now, and leaving with my eee PC in the pocket of it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like