back to article RIM PlayBook to sync with Microsoft Exchange cloud

The PlayBook – the iPad challenger from BlackBerry maker RIM – is following Apple's device into the workplace with the assistance of Microsoft. People getting Exchange emails will be able to synchronize with the version of Exchange Server behind Microsoft's forthcoming Office 365 cloud suite, RIM said on Thursday. Sync with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Wpgwill
    FAIL

Title

Please, no more playbook hype until they actually ship the device.

2. Goat Jam
    FAIL

Uhuh

More vapourware announcements from RIM. Maybe they should, oh, I don't know, get some actual products out there rather than this ludicrous strategy of announcing stuff that does not exist. How many Playbooks have they announced? I think they are up to three now. How many have hit the shops? Well, that'd be zero.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who says?

"The PlayBook – the iPad challenger" Who said?

You? (Laughs)

4. Fuh Quit
    Pint

How long does the battery last again?

IIRC there is nothing coming from RIM on this topic.

Without a good day of battery life, it's going to be an uphill battle. FFS it's only Wifi so it should be able to last.....!!

A beer for Friday. Lovely :-)

5. Mark Dowling

"vapourware"

Um, should the Reg not have published iPad2 articles before ship, or the various Androids in development?

RIM may be shipping too late to beat iPad2 but it has to ship because if they can't get a tablet into corporates they will lose Blackberry presence entirely. The key to retaining BBOS in corporate is to leverage existing investments in Enterprise Server.

1. Goat Jam
      FAIL

Um, hello!

Apple did not announce three different ipads in succession over a number of months, without actually releasing any of them to the market. They also did not release a constant trickle of details about what the ipad could do compared to the competitors products (probably because there weren't any) for nearly a year before releasing a product for actual sale.

Which RIM are still yet to do.

Note: I do not own an ipad, nor do I intend ot buy one.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like