back to article Facebook in a tizzy about 5 million paying users of its suits collab platform Workplace

Born too late to play the role of Star Trek's Commander Data, Facebook boss Mark Zuckerberg took to the streams last night as the company confirmed a jump in users of its Workplace platform. Having reached three million paid users by October 2019, the user count for Facebook's take on enterprise collaboration has now hit the …

1. Chris G Silver badge

"We believe this is a trend that will have lasting consequences,"

Is that because you can sign out any time you like, but you can never leave?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not a chance

We (Company with several thousand people) were on Workplace. I never signed up as I don't trust anything social from Zuckerberg. Concerns grew after employees posted pictures from work events and it did the usual facial recognition shtick.

We've junked it as a platform and moved to Yammer. Microsoft aren't perfect either, but I trust them more than Zuckerberg's platforms.

1. General Purpose

Re: Not a chance

I'm a bit worried that Citizens Advice use it. Not for client data, mind.

3. Teiwaz Silver badge

Confused and flabber-ghasted

Facebook?

Isn't that old tool for keeping in touch with old relatives?

Why would you want to roll your work life into that, or your business.?

This is stupider than Lotus Notes

I'm just chatting to granny, but my Line Manager is poking me.

4. Teiwaz Silver badge

Oh, yeah. That article photo is horrendous

I mean, Eeek, it feels like I'm being advanced on by a sexually aroused heavy breathing pasty-faced voyeur.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Worked for a huge bank that cluelessly were persuaded into implementing it. No one used it apart from posting inspirational memes and asking technical support.

It's incredibly slow, clunky, and doesn't seem to integrate at all. It hardly does anything, it's just basically Facebook. Due to privacy concerns hardly any files could be posted.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020