back to article PowerShell inventor Jeffrey Snover gets new gig driving ‘modern workforce transformation’

Microsoft’s Jeffrey Snover invented PowerShell, had a big hand in the development of Windows Server, was chief architect for big bits of Azure and has been hailed as a Technical Fellow of the software titan. And now he’s taken on a new as CTO of something called “modern workforce transformation”. Microsoft has banged on about …

1. steviebuk Silver badge

I can't exactly remember

But appreciate PowerShell but not his constant banging on about automation and cloud in a bid to be able to get rid of engineers. Saw it in a video but can't remember what one.

Bit like Mark Russinovich. Have a man crush on him and love his systinternal tools. But there is one interview where I didn't like him and it put me off slightly. As he's now made his millions, deserved. He was in an interview banging on about Azure, saying that lots of engineers are against The Cloud because they know it will put them out of work, but that isn't a reason to dislike it, they need to adapt.

I'd rather not. To late in life to adapt and at an age companies won't hire me over the young ones despite the experience. And thats not the only reason I dislike The Cloud.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: thats not the only reason I dislike The Cloud

Exactly.

If you want to impress me with the Cloud, tell me how my data is secured and encrypted and protected from the US CLOUD Act.

If you manage to convince me, I will find that impressive.

But I still won't put anything in that Cloud.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Paul 195
    Trollface

The Return Of?

"“Applying the most important new technology (AI) to one of our most important assets (everything in O365).”

Clippy meets Skynet?

1. CliveS
      Terminator

Re: The Return Of?

I see you're trying to exterminate the human race. Would you like help with that?

3. Charlie Clark Silver badge

“modern workforce transformation”

The suit to be replaced by romper suits?

4. HildyJ Silver badge
    Devil

An explanation

Modern Workforce Transformation will enable all of your workforce to work remotely while analyzing what each member of the workforce does and determining whether they can be replaced by an AI.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020