back to article Capita to continue managing Brit teachers' pensions well into the 2020s

Outsourcing giant Capita is to continue administering the British Teacher's Pension Scheme for a good few years after the Department of Education extended its contract. Capita's books are drenched in red as the company continues its efforts to turn things around. Having managed to lose £62.6m (before tax) in 2019, the outfit …

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge

You misspelt the title

Capita to continue mismanaging ...

2. Barrie Shepherd

Given the Government, and close to Government (i.e. QUANGO), contracts this outfit continues to under-perform on I wonder if the Mandarins, in purchasing departments, will ever understand that cheapest does not mean best and that in future contract awards previous performance MUST be given weight against the tenderer.

The number of failures and questionable outcomes from the hundreds (Thousands?, Millions?) of contracts Capita has 'won' should be sounding alarm bells all over the place and certainly across the desks of the National Audit Office.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It never will as it would be seen as a failure and that they don't know what they are doing.

Much like a local council that demanded they go with low code to get rid of 3rd parties and digital only. It was touted as saving money. It never has and never will. Its in fact cost the tax pay more but this is not being released to the public and the councillors who approved it are keeping quiet. Because no one wants it to be seen as the failure to save money that it is and those councillors want to be re-elected. But all you have to do is look at the councils publicly available finances every year to see its costing a lot more than they said it would.

3. macjules Silver badge

drenched in red

Capita's books are drenched in the blood of British taxpayers as the company continues its efforts to turn things around.

FTFY

4. Terry 6 Silver badge

Same old same old

I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not (just) low bidding that gives crapita etc. so many unjustifiable contracts. But also officials wanting to use a familiar name, and maybe contact team.

( I get a teacher pension. And to be fair, it's been unwieldy but they haven't been incompetent in this as far as I'm aware).

1. Korev Silver badge
      FAIL

Re: Same old same old

This says that "Organisations should satisfy themselves: a) that suppliers’ principal relevant contracts in the last three years are being or have been satisfactorily performed in accordance with their terms". I can't see much evidence of this happening TBH!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020