back to article UK's Ministry of Defence loads up £4.6m for one plucky IaaS and PaaS provider to host Oracle Primavera apps

The UK's Ministry of Defence is on the hunt for an infrastructure and platform service provider to host servers supporting its Primavera project management software. In a tender notice, the ministry's Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) unit said hosting will make continued use of the accredited "UKCloud" provided platform, …

1. JetSetJim
    Coat

Struggled with "IaaS" at first, then came up with "Invasion as a Service". PaaS became "Patrol/Peacekeeping as a Service". Disappointed with reality

2. BebopWeBop

It always struck me that the military, around the world, would be the worst people to offend with poor service. However in the US and Europe (although not in some places) that has never been the case (well at least with those making the decisions as opposed to the poor shmucks who have to live and die with the poor procurements)

3. cynic56

I remember the days ..

.. when Project Management software cost a couple of hundred quid and ran on a PC that had less computing power than your doorbell has now. Some projects even used to run on time, to budget and met customer expectation - but that was a while back.

1. richardcox13

Re: I remember the days ..

So do I.

But I also recall that was but a pale shadow of "real" project management systems that run on big systems. Perhaps consider the difference between notepad and a real text editor: if all you've ever seen is notepad then you don't know what you are missing.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like