back to article Linus Torvalds ponders: Is Linux 5.6 going well because it's bug-free, or thanks to that other bug?

Linus Torvalds has released a new release candidate of the Linux kernel – version 5.6 rc7 – and added a little COVID-19 commentary. "The world around us may be going through strange times, but at least so far kernel development looks normal," he wrote on Sunday, US time. "Nothing really stands out, it's all pretty small. I'm …

1. Tom 7 Silver badge

Where did that 'logo' come from

Not sure I like the idea of Linux being compared to a spread made with ground up baby orang-utans!

1. A.P. Veening Silver badge

Re: Where did that 'logo' come from

I have more problems with Linus being so calm and reasonable, that is an extremely worrying symptom.

1. Bronek Kozicki Silver badge

People do mellow with age

1. Arthur the cat Silver badge

Others of us just got tired of fuming about idiocy and decided to reduce our risk of a heart attack.

2. HildyJ Silver badge
        Devil

Hopefully he's just being calm and reasonable for now. I'd hate to think it's permanent. What would be the fun in that?

3. baud Bronze badge

Well, calm and reason is in short supplies those days, so at least he's doing his part

2. Majack

Sorry, not quite sure which one you prefer!?

2. STOP_FORTH Silver badge
    Linux

Title

Emperor Penguin surely?

(Funniest Wiki-vandalism I ever saw was on the penguin page. Someone had modified the binomial name so it read "Emperor Penguin (Penguiness Biggus)".)

3. bombastic bob Silver badge
    Devil

shift Linux 5.6 out the door.

I nearly mis-read that. Had to look again. It's 4:47 AM here...

4. druck Silver badge
    Meh

Thank F*ck...

...Something is continuing as normal, and the government hasn't limited git commits to no more than two files.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020