back to article OPPO Find X2: Top-tier cam and 5G, so who needs a fold?

OPPO's latest flagship smartphone, the Find X2, comes to the UK in early May. We got our hands on early hardware, with the promise that it is very nearly what will be released, albeit with the possibility of minor software tweaks. OPPO said it is still working on operator deals for the UK. The Find X2 comes in two guises, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I think I've detected a theme.

Variations on android are judged on how much they change the stock OS. The less the better. I suspect I'm not the only person to notice this pattern, I just wish the phone makers would see it too.

2. andy 103 Silver badge

cameras that are among the best available on a smartphone

Regarding "cameras that are among the best available on a smartphone"

This seems to be being said about more and more phones. I read that and think... we've just got to a point where they're all really good to the extent it's almost meaningless.

Does anyone have a list of what the "best" cameras on smartphones are at the moment? There was an article the other week where comments conflicted about whether certain Samsung or Huawei models are as good as it gets. As an iPhone user I'm fully aware it's nothing from Apple.

1. djstardust

Re: cameras that are among the best available on a smartphone

P30 Pro. It's absolutely brilliant.

3. Gordon 10 Silver badge

So what makes it worth 800 notes then? 5g and a marginally improve camera?

4. Kevin McMurtrie Silver badge

Does the cell radio work?

I know some people like cellphone cameras, but does the cellphone part of the cellphone work?

I see lots of phones selling in areas where they'll barely work due to band mismatch. The Find X2 has pretty much all the LTE bands except North America 71. I'm not sure about those NR bands - not having NR 71 hurts.

5. 89724102172714182892114I7551670349743096734346773478647892349863592355648544996312855148587659264921 Bronze badge

...video still looks rubbish panning

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020