back to article A new entry in the franchise: Microsoft Windows and the Goblet of Meh

The Microsoft gang managed to find time away from breaking Bing and trashing Teams last week to emit new Windows and update Visual Studio Code. Another Windows 10 Fast Ring Insider build, another sip from the goblet of 'Meh' for all but ARM64 users A typically exuberant social media emission from Microsoft's Windows Insider …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Trollface

"the build snapped before it was ready" "included in an upcoming flight"

Sorry, didn't you know that in a post-Brexit UK we're going to insist that you speak in English?

1. John Brown (no body) Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Re: "the build snapped before it was ready" "included in an upcoming flight"

Well, I wasn't going to go with a Brexit comment, but I came here to comment on exact same phrases!

"the build snapped before it was ready."

They broke it already?

"included in an upcoming flight."

Best I can manage on this one is "WTF?"

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

the usual "Untitled"

And what is wrong with Untitled ? Do you think I want all my documents to be titled "Dear Mr/Mrs Whoever" ?

And I suppose that the title will be the first choice for when I want to save my document. Oh well, thankfully all I'll have to do is just start typing the actual file name I want, as usual, so no big deal there.

1. iron Silver badge

Re: the usual "Untitled"

What kind of code are you writing that starts "Dear Mr / Mrs Whoever?"

Since VS Code is a code editor, not a word processor, all the unsaved files are likely to start like one of these:

using foo;

import bar

<!doctype html>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

{"version":3,

/*!

3. Bruce_A

Chromium Edge

Can we just start calling this Chrodge please? It has the ring of a MS product experience...

1. jelabarre59 Silver badge

Re: Chromium Edge

I just can't think of why I would *want* to install a Chromium-based browser in the first place. FORCED into it for particularly-braindead websites (looking at YOU, Google) perhaps.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020