Re: Is it any less 'lovely'
Don't rage at the world just because you can't see the use cases for a powerful, ultra portable computer in the modern world.
I spent last weekend in Spain and used mine to:
- make calls
- send SMS and other messages
- access the internet to find out more about the history of the town I was in
- navigate city streets on foot and motorways in the car
- book bus tickets and access timetables
- take numerous photos that were then almost immediately securely backed up
- book hotels
- check in and board my flight
- move money from regualr bank account to Monzo instead of buying Euros
- book airport car parking
- set my home heating to welcome me home when the flight was late
That's without using any social media. I know fine that my data is used for less than farious purposes and that I could have done all that by other means, but the sheer convenience of a smartphone makes an overwhelming case for all but the most greybearded of luddites.