back to article Half of Oracle E-Business customers open to months-old bank fraud flaw

Thousands of Oracle E-Business Suite customers are vulnerable a security bug that can be exploited for bank fraud. Security company Onapsis estimates that roughly half of all companies using the Oracle EBS software have not yet patched CVE-2019-2648 and CVE-2019-2633, despite Big Red having pushed out fixes for both bugs back …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Devil

There's good news though

As this is a financial risk, there's a good chance that patches will be applied.

Because, as we all know, if personally identifiable information was at risk, nothing would happen until a break-in and GDPR got in on the act.

But remember : the security of your information is their number one concern !

1. katrinab Silver badge
      Alert

Re: There's good news though

But applying patches also comes with a risk that they will break everything.

2. Alistair Silver badge
    Windows

Header photo issues

I'm somewhat concerned about the pipe smoking, VR monocle wearing Aston Kutcher lookalike. I suspect he's faking IT.

3. DCFusor Silver badge
    Trollface

Barn door

I've been led to believe that if you're a customer of Oracle, you're already a victim of fraud.

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Re: Barn door

But with the Oracle pricing model the customer shouldn't have had any money left to lose

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019