Where would they be today if they had :
1. Remembered who their customers are and what they want
2. Stopped fiddling with the OS to make it all new shiny
3. Not gone down the rabbit hole of one OS to rule them all
4. Listened to their customers.
5. Stopped fiddling with the development tooling and lost a big chunk of their developer community
6. Not tried to force things down people's throats
7. Not tried to force advertising on people
8. Not tried to force all the telemetry on people
I wonder if anyone is Microsoft is brave enough to admit their failures and try and make things better with a product that people actually want. You know, the next generation OS that replaces Windows 10, you could call it Windows 11 and base it on Windows 7
Otherwise, it looks like Windows 10 will indeed be the last OS that Microsoft make
I used to be quite a MS fan, but its going to take a heck of a lot to get me to start looking at their products again as it turns out that both Apple and Linux are absolutely fine for the vast majority of people.