back to article Wi-Fi woes and broken browser target both young and old in Microsoft patch land

The bad news bus has continued rolling for users of hardware both young and old as Wi-Fi woes plague Windows 10 and even Windows 8.1. Hot on the heels of broken audio in Windows 10 – for which the company "estimates a solution will be available in late September", according to its health dashboard – comes news that Wi-Fi is …

1. DJV Silver badge

"The issue is that Internet Explorer 11 may be rendered inoperative. Which, in itself, is unlikely to be an issue for many."

More like an improvement, Shirley!

1. redpawn Silver badge

Please don't...

call me Surely!

1. b0llchit
        Joke

What about

ClueBat-man?

2. Jand

Should have just stopped it at "Perhaps a clue that it might be time to move on from Microsoft."

3. nematoad Silver badge
    Windows

The price is right.

It seems as if MS has taken the old saying "You get what you paid for" to heart.

It looks to me as if the upper tiers at MS realised that there might be trouble in store when they broke the habits of a lifetime and actually gave Win 10 away for free. If there is no profit in continuing to develop Windows where is the incentive to pump money into the project?

I have never bought a new PC nor do I use Windows so I am unsure if there is still the "MS tax" being levied but if there is then I would be more than a little displeased at all the shenanigans going on with "Windows as a service."

1. simonlb Silver badge

Re: The price is right.

It's now called "Windows as a steaming pile of shit"

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"It's now called "Windows as a steaming pile of shit""

That is good to know ...... it is improving from the last time I suffered it !!! :)

2. Captain Scarlet Silver badge

Yes you still have to pay around a hundred quid for a copy, or just re-use a Windows 7 key from an old machine.

3. hplasm Silver badge
      Coat

ForkHole!

4. Claverhouse Silver badge

Perhaps a clue that it might be time to move on from Microsoft's earlier Arm experiment?

Enough time has passed that Microsoft should call it a day and give up their 'computing' experiment by now.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019