back to article Imagine Siri as your IT help desk. Too scary? OK, imagine PAYG on-prem IT. Oh, too much? How about everything on Kubernetes?

It's that time of the year when VMware gets customers, analysts, and tech press under one roof to do a victory lap and brag about all the stuff it's been up to. Yes, it's VMworld 2019, this year in San Francisco, USA. The virtualization giant – which just gobbled up infosec outfit Carbon Black, and Dell-owned sibling Pivotal …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge
    Trollface

Ah, the joys of bleeding-edge tech

Who is not interested in renting what you own ? Thank God VMware finally reacted to all the mails and phone calls I made clamoring to be able to pay for what I already have.

I now eagerly await the law that will tax me for the air I breathe. Only then will we truly be in the 3rd millennium.

1. MrBoring

Re: Ah, the joys of bleeding-edge tech

With the cost of support, you're almost renting VMware already.

Vmware on vxrail/nutanix is so integrated and complex, its beyond most most administrators ability to fix if something goes really tits up, you need support, so you might as well go the whole way and rent the kit too.

2. TeeCee Gold badge
    Facepalm

Siri on the help desk?

Seriously? It'll be Clippy FFS. You just know it will.

"I see you've just fucked up spectacularly and deleted the system. Would you like help restoring that?"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019