back to article Shiny new toys take backseat in Android Studio 3.5 for now as '600 bugs' squished

Google has released Android Studio 3.5, codenamed Project Marble, saying that the team has worked for eight months on product quality ahead of big new features. That said, there is a ton of interesting stuff here, not least official support for developing on Chrome OS. Running the IDE on Google's OS requires installing Linux, …

1. jelabarre59 Silver badge

how out of character

You mean Google decided to actually fix some bugs?????? How utterly unusual and out of character for them! At this rate, Apple might decide to make their kit repairable next...

1. Muscleguy Silver badge

Re: how out of character

You mean go back to kit that is repairable. I have a mid 2010 Pro and I've done the RAM, put in a new battery* and replaced the drive (I also vacuumed the fans while I was in.

*Noting that a previous 'repairer' had failed to notice a battery fixing tab and screw and had wrenched the battery out, breaking off the tab and distorting the frame such that the RAM is not properly seated. It's more insert it and quickly replace the led as straight and flat as you can to hold it in place. Several months have passed with no problems . . .

I inherited it from the youngest and suggested she get wary about the repairer.

2. Ken Hagan Gold badge

Curious take on AV

AV slowing your system down? Why not switch it off? Google says it's OK, so it must be safe...

1. Charlie Clark Silver badge

Re: Curious take on AV

If it's affecting file system performance so much, they've got a point. But think of it more like disabling triggers and reindexing per table when doing a bulk DB load.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's in a name?

Unfortunate name given to this release.

Project Marble, not to be confused with the Marble Framework.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019