back to article Microsoft gets some jClarity on Azure Java workloads, swallows London-based firm

Microsoft has snapped up London-based jClarity in an effort to bump up the performance of Java workloads on Azure. We're pretty sure that somewhere, former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer's brain just exploded, or he has a heck of a headache. For everyone else, it is further evidence of continued changes at the Beast of Redmond. …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oldtimers may recognise this as the "embrace" phase..

2. Nano nano

Java platforms

IBM was building its JVM for at least 12 platforms back in 2000 ...

3. Charliecharles

Asking clubs about lighting fixtures' information

So I've been working on programming stage lighting for my band using MyDMX 3.0 by sending MIDI notes from Cubase. It's all been going pretty well, but now is the time to put all the effort into action We are heading on a 14 day tour in less than a month and I want to adapt our lighting show to each individual club. I want to prepare as much as possible beforehand so we don't have to waste time at the clubs.

Since I'm new to lighting I still don't know: How do you get information for the brands, models, quantity and positioning of the lighting fixtures in a given club? Is this information something the clubs give when asked and who from the club should I contact? Or is there somewhere that I can look in order to find such information prior to going to the club?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

1. Charliecharles

Re: Asking clubs about lighting fixtures' information

So I've been working on programming stage lighting for my band using MyDMX 3.0 by sending MIDI notes from Cubase. It's all been going pretty well, but now is the time to put all the effort into action We are heading on a 14 day tour in less than a month and I want to adapt our lighting show to each individual club. I want to prepare as much as possible beforehand so we don't have to waste time at the clubs.

Since I'm new to lighting I still don't know: How do you get information for the brands, models, quantity and positioning of the lighting fixtures in a given club? Is this information something the clubs give when asked and who from the club should I contact? Or is there somewhere that I can look in order to find such information prior to going to the club?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thank You

https://capread.com

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019