back to article Intel: Listen up, you NUC-leheads! Mini PCs and compute sticks just got a major security fix

Hot on the heels of Patch Tuesday fixes from Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, and SAP, Intel has dropped its monthly security bundle to address a series of seven CVE-listed vulnerabilities in its firmware and software. The most serious of the seven is the patch for CVE-2019-11162, a vulnerability in the Intel Compute Improvement …

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Intel says "¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

So I ran Intel's software checker on my Skull Canyon and it returned... nothing.

Fair enough.

No, I'm not going to navigate their horrendous website to find out which driver it could be, download it, then get told it's the wrong driver, then repeat five times.

2. phuzz Silver badge

Different NUC's have different BIOS versions, they're not all v066. All the models we use seem to have got an update in the last few days though.

3. Michael Wojcik Silver badge

Typical of Intel drivers

Intel have long shipped drivers with lousy, low-quality code. It's clearly an organization that does not care about this aspect of its products. The initial code is shoddy; then under sufficient pressure (complaints from big customers, threat of vulnerability disclosure) they'll make an update available, but leave it to system and OS vendors to push it to customers.

And I agree with Dan 55 - their website is rubbish.

Should I ever buy another PC, I'm going with AMD. I've had it with Intel.

4. J. Cook Silver badge

Credit to trotmaster99.

I wacky-parsed that as troutmaster99.

Clearly, I need to drink more.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like