back to article Microsoft pokes about in Azure's innards, whips out new Service Fabric

Microsoft crossed its fingers and started rolling out an update to Azure Service Fabric over its cloudy platform yesterday. Version 6.5 of the microservices platform is chock full of toys to delight developers who might have forgotten about the thing amid all the heat generated by orchestration tech du jour Kubernetes. After …

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

Worrying

In view of the performance of other updates, the words 'chock full' give considerable cause for concern.

P.S. That '6.5' might turn out to be prophetic.

2. I.Geller Bronze badge

AI is structured texts and synonymous clusters, where the clusters are the direct analog of programming languages' commands.

Therefore texts should replace all programs without exception, and all software products will soon be rewritten. Nothing to sell into clouds but texts... Amazon already sells books, doesn't it?

AI database replaces SQL, that is SQL database will soon cease to be a commodity sold in the clouds.

There is a sentence:

--

Alice and Bob exercise merrily, she trains a lot.

--

AI-parsing constructs two patterns for the first clause:

- Alice exercise merrily

- Bob exercise merrily

For the second clause also two patterns:

- she trains a lot.

- Alice trains a lot.

Then AI-parsing counts weight for all patterns:

- Alice exercise merrily - 0.25

- Bob exercise merrily - 0.25

- she trains a lot - 0.5

- Alice trains a lot - 0.5

Only AI-parsing can construct these patterns and get this statistics!

There are two synonymous clusters here.

One for Alice:

- she trains a lot - 0.5

And the second for Bob:

Now a certain action is assigned to the pattern "Alice exercise merrily - 0.25" - serving a drink. Thus, the pattern becomes a direct analogue of a programming language command.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Do you just blindly post this rubbish onto every article?

I have read this comment or minor variations of it too many times - kindly be quiet if you dont have anything useful to add

1. I.Geller Bronze badge
        Happy

There are people who haven't seen it yet. I feel obligated, it's my secret duty so they can all find out what AI is, whether they want or not.

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

and yet you didn't post it on the ACTUAL article about AI...

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

Yes. I tried all humanitarian Academia referenced magazines for the past 20 years... Too powerful forces against me, starting with the CIA and Google to Oracle and all the other giants. I'm alone against the Universe. They all're blocking my way.

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

Microsoft, Amazon and 8,705 other startups and companies with me.

Correction! I'm not alone - anymore. Microsoft, Amazon and 8,705 other startups and companies with me.

There are 8,705 startups and companies listed in Crunchbase today who are relying on machine learning for their main and ancillary applications, products, and services.

2. DontFeedTheTrolls Silver badge
      Coat

So is Merrily the athlete who trains a lot being exercised by both Alice and Bob?

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

merrily

Grammar: merrily starts not on a capital letter. However, if Merrily in AI dictionary is a name/noun/adjective without a capital letter, for the sentence

--- Alice and Bob exercise merrily, she trains a lot.

AI-parsing constructs three patterns for the first clause:

- Alice exercise merrily

- Bob exercise merrily

- merrily exercise merrily

For the second clause also two patterns:

- she trains a lot.

- Alice trains a lot.

Then AI-parsing counts weight for all patterns:

- Alice exercise merrily - 0.1(6)

- Bob exercise merrily - 0.1(6)

- merrily exercise merrily - 0.1(6)

- she trains a lot - 0.5

Only AI-parsing can construct these patterns and get this statistics!

There are THREE synonymous clusters here.

One for Alice:

- she trains a lot - 0.5

And the second for Bob:

And the third for merrily:

Parsing AI first analyzes grammar. For instance articles help to identify nouns.

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

Merrily as a name - Amazon hired the wrong idiots

But grammar alone by itself does not work.

Read the Amazon idiots' article "Active Learning for New Domains in Natural Language Understanding" https://arxiv.org/pdf/1810.03450.pdf ?

Amazon doesn't seem to annotate words with dictionary definitions, and as far as I can see, it doesn't parse by combinations of words by parts of speech...

So Amazon can't determine that the word "merrily" is an adjective and not a name, can't create synonymous clusters to ignore lexical noise caused by the word "merrily" as a name "Merrily". As a result if Amazon applies this very foolish technology, Alexa should not and, as a matter of fact, it doesn't work. Looks like Amazon hired the wrong idiots.

2. I.Geller Bronze badge

Lexical noise

There is a sentence "Alice and Bob exercise merrily, she trains a lot."

The word "merrily" can be an example of lexical noise; where it's typically superfluous patterns that do not explain the central themes contained within the digital textual information and, accordingly, removal of such noise often results in an improvement in the quality of the structured data.

Suppose somebody doubts if Merrily the athlete who trains a lot being exercised by both Alice and Bob - it's a name. Or is it an adjective?

One wrong pattern can radically change everything!

With my patented lexical noise deletion AI-parsing gets these FOUR patterns, from the sentence:

- she trains a lot - 0.5

AI sees that the word "merrily" is an adjective from its context and subtext, from its dictionary-encyclopedia definitions.

Without the purging, not knowing if "merrily" is a name or an adjective, AI-parsing gets FIVE patterns:

- she trains a lot - 0.5

With the purging AI gets TWO synonymous clusters, without - THREE!

OpenAI, for example, cannot delete lexical noise and its results are not trustworthy - OpenAI sees no separate words but patterns, doesn't determine parts of speech and uses dictionary-encyclopedia definitions.

My AI database can, therefore, be 100% trusted.

3. I.Geller Bronze badge

There are people who haven't seen it yet. I feel obligated, it's my secret duty so they can all find out what AI is.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019