back to article Be careful what you wish for: Nutanix wanted subscribers, just not that many all at once

Subscriptions is the nirvana that tech vendors are trying to journey towards since investors love predictability. For hyperconverged bigwig Nutanix, it has proved to be something of a challenge but for all the wrong reasons. Nutanix's prior quarter results were poor, with falling revenue growth, and its latest numbers, …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

LOL

My God, so much bullshit.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It adds up

No, not the subscription story.

No growth in a market which grows 50% year over year? Yet the biggest competitor now grows 100%+?

Looks to me Dell is eating Nutanix’ lunch and drinking all their milkshake. Nutanix is losing marketshare to Vmware and it’s losing fast.

3. Teiwaz
    Coat

Is it just me?

Every time I read of Nutanix, my brain assumes it's just read Nutella.

Then I get all confused as everything is covered in hazlenut chocolate*...

* It's not shit.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lipstick on a Pig

Dheeraj has got to be insane if he thinks the market is going to buy this BS. Nutanix is getting killed by Dell, plain and simple. The "Donald Trump of tech" loves to spin tales that they are a software company, a cloud company, a services company, etc. They are an HCI company with declining sales, year-over-year.

Dell will watch Nutanix squirm and decline and eventually buy them cheap.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Lipstick on a Pig

So much shadenfraude. Why so smug?

I presume you work for a competitor, likely Dell. Do you want to work in an industry with 4 vendors, Cisco, HPE, IBM and Dell?

Not a spec of innovation between them. They bump along and then snap up the others when they need a new line.

New players like Nimble (now gulped and destroyed), Nutanix, Pure etc need to be encouraged otherwise we are left with no excitement, no challengers, no verve...

.....and no innovation.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Lipstick on a Pig

Now comes the pain.

No money, the top talent has left, the 2nd tier will be decimated to save payroll. Support, operations, and product dev will be the worst hit. Squeezing existing accounts for more money will make them lose big customers. Then comes the free fall.

They are fucked.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Nutanix

This was one helluva competitor for VMware. It quite shook up vmw inside out and kept them on their toes.

Cant beleive the CEO beleives that its their sales and marketing that need to deliver. The product and R&D is where the investments need to double down.

Unfortunately looks like its in the last phase of its existence. Hope the employees find a better place and not be impacted when its gulped up by oracle.

1. Mhub

Re: Nutanix

Not sure they are done, just the stage companies go through when they get over a billion...tweaking the model for the next phase.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like