back to article New builds and end of life: The cosmic ballet at Microsoft goes on

While the Microsoft team were setting up shop at Barcelona's Mobile World Congress (and frantically plugging HoloLens 2 leaks), things continued apace back in Redmond. Stepping up Windows Insider emissions While the original version of Windows struggled somewhat with multitasking back in the day, today's team seems determined …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wow, so we finally get back some functionallity that was there in the past! I've been totally frustrated with the chat window being reduced to a "phone like" width when you're on a call to someone (and then you have to work out which icon to click to make it show) - especially when you're trying to discuss a code fragment with them and it gets reduced to about 20 characters per line!

It looks as if the abilty to make the PC speakers rign when the headset is being used for audio may have also already made it back in, though I've not been brave enough to risk missing calls when it only rings the headset that's over the other side of the office...

2. AMBxx Silver badge

spending three years enjoying LTS

Surely MS don't expect us to rewrite and redeploy everything every 3 years?

1. Jack of Shadows Silver badge

Re: spending three years enjoying LTS

I'm quite sure they do.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019