back to article Make a SAP decision: Apply these security fixes if you're using German giant's software

While you were sighing your way through Microsoft's Patch Tuesday, enterprise vendor SAP slid 11 security advisories under your door. Top of the list is a depressingly familiar howler in SAP Cloud Connector pre-version 2.11.3: the software neglects authentication checks for functions that require user identity (CVE-2019-0246 …

1. AMBxx Silver badge
    WTF?

Merry Christmas from SAP

I received a notification from them on Christmas Day!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Merry Christmas from SAP

We just got inflicted with SAP.

Sure it's fine for it's core product, but it's tentacles reach far and wide, and before you know it, it's infected the company like a virus, and users that don't need or want sap are logging hours worked in a terminal program, like it's 1970 all over again.

Truly horrendous when you have modern tools that just need a web browser and are fluid and intuitive.

1. DagMurphy

terminal programs? what did you install, most of the day to day user interfaces are almost boarding on intuitive in S4

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

Didn't install anything, it was installed by corp. The SAP we have, you have to enter weird and wonderful commands to move to a menu screen, and everything is driven by obscure numbers, and client acts more like a terminal program than an application.

1. DagMurphy

OK I am sorry to hear about that, here is a comparison of how the "new" vs old style (your using the old) interface was all the way back in 2015 https://youtu.be/CK9bWr8ZmdE?t=68

2. Hans 1 Silver badge
        Joke

I always call it SAP NetWieder which in German dialect means SAP NotAgain ... ;-)

Then again, I like their automation tools! http://server:port/scheduler

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019