back to article Better get cramming... Xamarin University due to close early next year

Cross-platform dev darling Xamarin is to shutter its online University in favour of Microsoft Learn as its absorption into the Windows giant continues. The University is (until 2019) a handy resource for those getting to grips with the intricacies of cross-platform development using the Xamarin toolkit, which was snapped up by …

1. ma1010
    Unhappy

Well, it IS Microsoft

We can all hope that something as good as this will stay alive after MS absorbs it, but I'm not overly confident. Look at what MS did to Skype, Nokia and Windows 7.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

Microsoft Xamarin © ® ™

Is this the same Xamarin that brought dot.NET to the Linux platform, through the use of MONO with the help of Miguel de Icaza. ref

--

one ring to rule them all, one ring to find them, one ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

1. Gene Cash Silver badge
      Flame

Re: Microsoft Xamarin © ® ™

Well the good part about dot.NET/Mono on Linux is Kerbal Space Program, which runs on it...

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"Xamarin University is a fantastic resource"

Well apparently not fantastic enough to refuse selling out to the Master Borgifier.

Shame on those people who decided to cash out and let a "fantastic resource" get emasculated by Microsoft.

And don't tell me they didn't have a clue. The CxOs who took the decision knew Microsoft acquisition history just like the rest of us - except they got truckloads of cash.

I hope they enjoy watching their life's work become a husk of its former self.

4. Tom Chiverton 1

Fully embraced. Extended. Now extinguished.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like