back to article DXC Technology turns to BT Security to nab its infosec bossman

DXC Technology UK arm has hired former BT Security CEO Mark Hughes to run its global security function, replacing yet another old timer from the Hewlett Packard Enterprise side of the merger. Ed Ho, exec veep and GM of the Build division at DXC - the strategic front-end of the company that provides professional, advisory and …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

DXC is leaking like a sieve

There appears to be a big problem with the merger as all HPE employees that aren't being fired are looking to leave.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: DXC is leaking like a sieve

It's not just legacy HPE employees that are leaving. The legacy CSC people have had enough and are leaving too. The company is totally dysfunctional.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Powerless

Mark Hughes might be capable and even have a track record, but he won't be allowed to do what is needed because DXC doesn't work like that.

Like so many before him, he'll draw up a plan and be told that he's not allowed to do it. The only plan possible is the one the CEO writes for himself.

Mark's only job is to carry the blame when it goes wrong, which could be as soon as 2 quarters from his start date.

Sorry Mark, you made a big mistake coming to DXC.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. ToddRundgrensUtopia

HPE, DXC and BT, wow!

5. TrumpSlurp the Troll Silver badge
    Trollface

Almost Microsoft

Embrace, Contract, Extinguish.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not just the US - UK just as bonkers

Always makes me chuckle reading the focus on the US. Why anyone would want to join us is beyond me... UK just as crazy - UK Sales Head Gone, Alliance Director Gone, Banking Going , Head of Apps, Gone UK Security Head Gone... and so it continues.... I can ony image he was sold the dream - build your plans, establish your vison... even SVPs are waiting for Mike Lawrie approvals to get job offers out!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Not just the US - UK just as bonkers

As I said to colleagues (and one or two trusted managers) on my way out of DXC nine months ago, there's only so much of the madness one can take before it ceases to be amusing any more.

This is one that will not end well...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019