back to article HP says: Like, comment and subscribe to our beastly workstations

As the Microsoft Surface juggernaut rolls on, there's added urgency to flogging premium PCs this autumn, with Intel's chip shortage affecting the lower end of the market, making premium sales more hotly contested. After Surface, every PC rival now focuses on the mythical self-actualising entrepreneur or creative professional …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Flesh

>> Now HP has fleshed out the rest of its premium range for the year

I read that and thought that, after you mentioned the leather-bound notebook, you were going to say that HP were going to bring out a flesh covered version!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Excel bashers represent!! <3 Excel

1. ArrZarr Silver badge
      Happy

If you have Excel, everything looks like a spreadsheet.

Show me somebody who knows everything about Excel and I'll show you somebody who doesn't know anything else.

People get really down on Excel but there is nothing out there that accessibly solves more problems save getting your hands dirty with Python, JavaScript or some other loosely typed (read: vomiting onto a keyboard) scripting language

3. JohnFen

Do we have to call it Hardware-as-a-service?

What's wrong with calling it by its venerable name, "leasing"?

1. Mark 85

Re: Do we have to call it Hardware-as-a-service?

What's wrong with calling it by its venerable name, "leasing"?

Marketing likes new buzz phrases. Think back to the way marketing envisioned "the cloud" as a good example.

4. Korev Silver badge
    Mushroom

>"In the experience age, all jobs have become experience creation jobs,"

Pass the vomit bag, or even better nuke from orbit -->

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like