back to article Everything's great at Supermicro, just small matter of impending NASDAQ delisting

Supermicro will not meet this week's deadline imposed by NASDAQ to file delayed financial results to regain compliance with its regulations, and expects its common stock to be suspended on the exchange by 24 August. The latest admission came as the server maker reported abbreviated preliminary numbers for Q4 ended 30 June that …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Supermicro

That hasn't filed for Chapter 13 yet ?

Wow.

1. EveryTime

Re: Supermicro

Apparently they were just cheating on revenue recognition, not critically short of money. Although, yes, being short on cash is the traditional reason why you cheat on revenue recognition.

2. 89724102172714182892114I7551670349743096734346773478647892349863592355648544996312855148587659264921

Sad to see the (possibly) imminent demise of Supermicro... we used to buy from them all the time, truly epic boards. Wouldn't dream of spending so much now that CPU processing power and RAM combinations are so much cheaper, using enthusiast level kit.

1. BugabooSue

Some good hardware...

Agreed. Some of their server cases were epic. I still use a dozen or so of their SATA 5-way removable drive bays on our video suite machines (makes it easier to lock the drives in a safe at night).

It’s a shame.

2. vmistery

My guess is the reports of their demise are as exaggerated as their accounts. It whiffs of some poor management trying to ge a bonus more than desperation to me. If it had been anything else we’d have seen much much worse financials.

3. EveryTime

The shares are trading OK on the OTC market, after a big initial dip. The delisting has knocked at least $3 off of the ongoing share price.

Long-term cooking the books takes a long time to recover from. No doubt they are spending a huge amount on accountants, and will need to continue that spend to return to good standing on an exchange.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like