back to article Google’s Android Emulator gains AMD and Hyper-V support

Google’s given its Android Emulator a tickle to add support for AMD processors and Microsoft’s Hyper-V. Android product manager Jamal Eason said the new features are “two long-standing user requests from the Android developer community that we are happy to address with this Android Emulator update.” It’s not hard to see why …

1. DaLo

"But those features were available on MacOS and Linux only:"

Hmmm, and Windows using a PC with an Intel processor.

2. iron Silver badge

"Things are more straightforward for AMD users – they’ve been invited to the party for the first time! Welcome in, both of you."

Fuck you Simon, fuck you.

3. TheGreatCabbage

I've had zero success with the snapshots, the emulator always boots into a frozen state and requires a forced reboot. The overall process takes longer than a cold boot, but I hope it will work for me soon.

Also, a warning for Windows users: don't use Hyper-V if you're overclocking. When I enabled Hyper-V it made Windows inoperable, and after several hours of troubleshooting (even safe mode was broken) I finally tracked down the cause of the problem.

4. teknopaul Bronze badge

docker relatrd?

Microsoft did a clasic embrace extend and f you, with docker on hyper-v imho.

Install it, and all your vbox virtualization breaks.

Not surprised it was much demanded to run Docker and android vm on the same pc. Wonder why peeps bother with Docker on hyperv tho when you know your being microshafted in the long run.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019