back to article Hot stuff: Facebook AI gurus tout new Pytorch 1.0 framework for all

Facebook announced Pytorch 1.0, an updated version of the popular AI framework Pytorch, that aims to make it easier for developers to use neural network systems in production. On the second day of its developer conference F8 in San Jose, California, CTO Mike Schroepfer, introduced Pytorch 1.0, and said it combines Pytorch, …

1. I.Geller Bronze badge

AI is database, not algorithm. Pytorch 1.0 framework is for algorithms, right?

How does Pytorch 1.0 framework touch AI?

For example, I structured Dostoevsky's books, annotated each his work by its unique dictionary definition, expand my queries by synonyms and asked Definition questions:

Question: All right, would you like to talk about moral issues?

Answer: OK ...

Question: May I ask you to spare some change?

Answer:

[2.8% Fyodor Dostoevsk_108]

Esteeming, and so to say, adoring you, I may at the same time, very well indeed, be able to dislike some member of your family

This is AI as a database/ AI prototype! Dostoevsky is alive and answers my questions by their meanings. Can Pytorch 1.0 framework do the same? No?

The technology in the US PTO, try it yourself and verify my results?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Who cares?

Keras means you don’t care if it’s PyTorch, Tensorflow, Theano or anything else on the back end. This layer is commoditized now. It’s just a driver for the GPU.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like