back to article Cohesity loses its cohesion: Now chief beancounter unglues self from upstart

Cohesity's chief financial officer Seamus Hennessy has resigned after less than four months in post, judging from his LinkedIn profile. This follows news last month that John Loiacono left as veep of worldwide sales engineering after less than six months in the role. Ex-NetApper Loiacono joined Cohesity in June last year as …

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"the CFO recruitment process was perhaps flawed"

Maybe they hired a person with integrity when they needed a scumbag who would cover the lies ?

Really, that much movement at the top seems to indicate that there is a major issue at hand that the founder is intent on covering up. What that issue could be, I have no idea.

But something stinks.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Their board (bigwigs from Google, NetApp, & VMware) and their President (ex-NetApp) are not rookies. To me, the move is positive, reason being:

1) it shows primary focus is on the technology (vs investor returns & an IPO or acquisition)

2) it shows knowledge of what works & what doesn't, and the agility to act. They likely found a better fit for such rapid customer adoption.

3. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Don't know who these people are.

And they way they turn over staff I don't think I ever will.

Mostly harmless?

4. lglethal Silver badge
    Stop

Sales Engineering - piss off!

Sorry but as an actual engineer, i object to anyone having a title head of sales engineering. Sales is not Engineering, you're a bloody merchant - stop degrading the title Engineer by affixing it to everything!

<End Rant>

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

something stinks and people coming in an inheriting it are leaving before they get attached to it...give it another 8-12 months, and then I think we hear about it...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The article just affirms what has been rumored to be a revolving door at Cohesity for some time now.

While there are some people with experience in the company's Board of Directors and recent management hires, it remains to be seen if they are able to run a modern startup vs an established player.

I would not be surprised if there are additional notable departures and shifting that takes place at the top.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

This comment seems like it was written by a competitor or their PR shrills trying to call sour grapes of the situation. Is that the case? Knowing some of their competition, I wouldn't put it pass them.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Open secret in valley

Cohesity CEO is not an easy guy to work with. This is an open secret in valley. Did someone say Nutanix?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Open secret in valley

Here seems to be another another one by the same (group of) troll(s). Be a man/woman and confess that you are with a competitive company and are trying to make hay as the sun shines.

Otherwise you should built a complex profile like 'ole Pascal up top and then troll on!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019