If I were the minister.
1. BT should be forced to sell Openreach, the quasi-breakup still has a conflict of interest and Openreach is badly run. Too many contractors for day to day jobs, rather than its own workforce. The job of upgrading this country's infrastructure is huge and hiring contractors makes no sense at all.
2. The people in charge of Ofcom should be fired, they are hopeless, it's proven itself to be completely ineffective and inept .
3. All new build property should be FTTP by law, no new copper, it's nuts (further proof that Openreach is badly run, everything is short-term sticky plasters, nothing is long-term).
4. Openreach should be given 6 months to start using its "dark fibre" or lose it, letting other people use it.
5. Openreach should be forced to share the exact reasons why it hasn't upgraded exchanges and cabinets in a completely open and transparent way. Currently, it not only lies to and misleads the public, but also local authorities and councillors.
6. A complete ban on network and traffic shaping, filtering and download limits. There is no point having a 1000mbps connection with a 1GB a month or day allowance and 512kbps at peak times just won't do. If the network cannot handle it, charge more and upgrade the network.
"xx speed Broadband for £20 inc line rental" is misleading.
Ofcom should have sorted this out 15 years ago when NTL introduced the first data cap.
I travel to France, Germany and Spain and regularly stay in Airbnb properties where they have fibre, proper fibre. This country is a joke. 5th biggest economy in the world, pah!