back to article Containers? Ha! Ain't no party like a Tupperware party, boasts Facebook

Facebook has its own container system it uses in place of Docker or Kubernetes. The Social Network started working on "Tupperware" before other systems were "readily available" and it's glued to Facebook's internal services, production engineer Zoltan Puskas said during a presentation at the Open Source Summit in Prague. The …

1. mad_dr

Didn't Tupperware (TM)...

Send El Reg a snarky missive a little while back, for using their name in an article? I wonder if this one is sanctioned by the plastic pot pushers, or whether The Register's spam bot will soon again be filtering out threats from Tupperware's legal team.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/13/tupperware_denies_containerisation_links/

1. frank ly Silver badge

Re: Didn't Tupperware (TM)...

If Facebook did make their code open source, would they need permission from the Tupperware corporation to distribute it or is it unlikely to cause confusion in the minds of the public?

1. EarthDog

Re: Didn't Tupperware (TM)...

Ask the typical person, i.e. not a tech person who keeps up on things, about "Facebook Tupperware Containers". I bet they think of the plastic ware.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019