back to article Barracuda's so solid crew: We got three more quarters to go

Ransomware helped backup and security firm Barracuda to a solid first fiscal 2018 quarter, with revenues and subscribers both growing. Barracuda grew revenues 8.7 per cent year-on-year to $94.2m although profits were almost flat at $2.7m compared to $2.8m a year ago. Revenue growth rate stepped up a bit from the prior quarter' …

1. art guerrilla

i thought *they* were the ransomware...

1. worked at a couple companies who fell for this crapware,

2. 'caught' stupid crap a lot of the time, but not all of the time,

3. 'caught' VALID emails (from people corresponded with previously) a number of times, once actually causing a problem because an email was not seen,

4. had issues trying to unblock valid emails,

5. in short, i got more SPAM FROM THEM telling me what a great job they were doing catching harmless emails, then they ACTUALLY 'caught'.

but korporate droids have to look like they are doing *something*, even if it is useless; who knew there could be so much money in selling virtual tiger rocks...

2. Daedalus Silver badge

Never mind P & L

They're still just a bunch of tossers. Ask them how to block specific types of e-mail and all you get is gobbledegook. We had a system from another company that was A-1 foolproof and secure by default. Then their sales droids got to work. These guys are the IBM of infosec: all sales pitch, no innovation.

3. Androgynous Cow Herd

I will give them some kudos

Never used the product, probably never will, but they appear to be more profitable than almost all of the IT industry.

1. K Silver badge

Re: I will give them some kudos

Thats because 99% of their platform is open source, and they don't re-invest!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019