back to article With nearly 1m users on its books, DigitalOcean touts load balancers

DigitalOcean on Tuesday plans to begin offering load balancers to help its customers distribute online traffic across their infrastructure, at a cost of $20 per month. Load balancers ensure that DigitalOcean servers can handle surges of online traffic and represent an essential safety mechanism for online businesses. They …

1. cd

One thing their customers seem to do is slurp content a lot. Depending on one's view of internet sex and server interaction, I guess that could count as love.

1. Aitor 1 Silver badge

Relax

So some ppl are scraping your websites using virtual machines hosted in Digital Ocean eh? Not relevant to the article.

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge

Never heard of them

But mildly intriguing. Might be worth investigating further.

1. Ragarath

Re: Never heard of them

I use them for some of their guides but not hosting. Some are really good simplified instructions for getting you started with software you may not have used before.

3. Ragarath

Confused

Lightsail, a simplified hosting option for customers seeking virtual private servers, storage, DNS management, and a static IP address.

Is this not what we called "hosting" before "cloud" was the buzzword? Are we now calling bog standard hosting cloud?

4. sitta_europea Bronze badge

DigitalOcean - isn't that the crowd that hosts a C&C server for Shamoon?

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/16/researchers_catch_drivedestroying_domains_for_cyberwar_shamoon_malware/

5. Pseudonymous Clown Art

Been using DO for ages

Love em.

I moved from AWS because of the batshit crazy billing reports. Theres no bollocks at Digital Ocean. Just servers.

The dash is excellent, the servers are nippy and the prices are fair.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020