back to article No more will I tailor Swift: Code lang project lead leaving Apple

Chris Lattner, head of Apple's Swift and XCode, is heading for pastures new. He announced his move in a brief post to the Swift mailing list, saying only that he's leaving Apple “later this month to pursue an opportunity in another space”. That “other space” turns out to be Tesla, which says it's made Lattner veep of …

1. Sealand

No Tesla for me, then

I've been using Xcode for many years. That's more than enough, thank you.

2. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Facepalm

Oh good

Anyone left who can program at Apple or do they just want to push out new themes every couple of years?

1. David 132 Silver badge
      Trollface

Re: Oh good

Well, the next-but-one version of Swift will deprecate conditional operators (you know, to show "courage"); the version after that will remove loop constructions ("a brave, trend-setting move to show market leadership") and the version after that will have only no instructions, only allowing your code to contain comments.

But they'll be beautifully formatted comments, with a choice of the finest fonts available and the ability to mix formats and colour schemes (from a pre-chosen, tasteful palette) within your code.

And people will rave about how quickly the code runs, and how gorgeous it looks. So courageous!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like