back to article Finally. BlackBerry lobs out new BB10 OS update

BlackBerry finally released an update for its BB10 OS, eight months later than promised. In September 2015, when BlackBerry confirmed the coming of its first Android device, CEO John Chen promised a BB10 update for March this year. The 10.3.3 update was thrown into the US National Information Assurance Partnership (NIAP) …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Then late last night, alerts for the 1.6GB download finally popped up on users’ devices."

Not seen mine yet.

2. Chris Hills

Bbye Bye BlackBerry

I really liked BB10, but the nail in the coffin was when my partner upgraded from a Z30 to a Priv. I had a Z30 at the time, and they are two of BlackBerry's flagship phones costing hundreds of pounds. When he upgraded, we could no longer make video calls between us on BBM (BlackBerry's own communication service). Their lame excuse was "they do not run the same operating system". If BlackBerry wants to be a pure software company it needs to do an awful lot better.

3. fruitoftheloon

No visibility here

Not popped up yet for my Passport (in the UK)...

4. bengoey49

Updated

My Passport and my wife's Z30 updated three days ago. Both bought unlocked from Blackberry during Black Friday in the US and being used in Indonesia.

5. PM2

Still not here!

After over 2 months, my unlocked Z10 In the UK still hasn't received an OTA update to 10.3.3. Maybe reported problems with the update with regards to Bluetooth mean another fix is required!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like