back to article DirecTV Now to give Apple TV free for those who take 3-month deal

We made it very clear in our October 20 review of DirecTV Now that no set top was going to be commissioned for the service and yet it would deliver to any TV, because it would use a digital media adapter such as Apple TV. So it wasn’t the biggest surprise we have come across when 3 weeks later another story ran, suggesting the …

1. OffBeatMammal

was this written by a human?

I, this article, tried to read. Confused and bewildered I have to the conclusions come, that some sort of Turning Test is it. Perhaps also with a free giveaway and discounted brain cell option.

I'm used to sometime strange stylistic use of Language on El Reg, but this one certainly the biscuit takes.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge
      Coat

Re: was this written by a human?

Yoda's freelancing, he is. Reduced to the gig economy, he is.

2. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Re: was this written by a human?

It does help if you know or can guess what a roku" or a "vod" is. But I made it through. But I didn't get excited about this news.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Remember aticle this, I will.

3. JeffyPoooh
    Pint

I just found out about BBC's planned 'Britflix' service

To Canada it comes hope do I.

Like, revolution we did not, eh?

Where do I send my money?

4. Sloppy Crapmonster

I'm currently subscribed to sling.tv for $30/mo. If DirecTV Now has the same channel lineup and crashes half as much I think that's worth the $5 increase.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon