back to article Arduino vs Arduino

The two warring factions called Arduino are joining forces once again. Arduino LLC and Arduino sri, a breakaway outfit set up by Gianluca Martino, an Arduino co-founder, are to combine distribution of the boards beloved by hardware hackers everywhere, in a new company called Arduino Holdings. They are hiving off responsibility …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mage Silver badge
    Happy

Good

A rare bit of good news.

2. Marco van de Voort

Cool, finally I'musing Arduino

... instead of genuino

3. Dwarf Silver badge

Engineering

Once again land grabs for intellectual property and legal wrangles get in the way of furthering the underlying engineering.

Its good to see that they are back under the same umbrella as the previous split only served to create a bunch of unnecessary confusion and hassle for those trying to sell their products.

Presumably this means that the Genuino brand is no longer genuine and will fade away ?

There's more info here

4. Hans 1 Silver badge
    Happy

I have an arduino and two pi's

1:2 for pi ... with a third goal for pi after half-time ...about to order the new 64-bit model ;-)

<joke>Good to see pi have some competition, it would be about time!</joke> Now, Arduino, come-up with something that rocks, please!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

And how long will a Pi run for on a coin cell? 2:2

I need to get my radio enabled device in to a 20mm * 10mm box does the Pi fit? 3:2

They are not competing devices, in case you hadn't noticed.

2. Francis Boyle Silver badge

If you know how many Arduinos you have

you clearly don't have enough.

1. Andus McCoatover
        Windows

Re: If you know how many Arduinos you have

I used to buy Chinese copies of the pro mini in 5's or 10's.

Never reckoned it a 'rip-off', just a small PCB, holding a '328, crystal and a few discretes. Think I got 'em for less than $3 each. None ever failed.

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

If you can't use apostrophes properly you shan't have any.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019