back to article US-CERT tells network operators to pay attention and harden up

The US-CERT is warning organisations to harden their networks, because resurgent malware plus the recent publication of powerful exploits proved too hot to ignore. The organisation says that threats like the a leak of Equation Group Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) tooling are bad enough by themselves, but warns plenty of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Better still...

... replace then with one of the NSA approved network devices with built in snooping and government approved backdoors to encryption.

1. Tom Paine Silver badge

Re: Better still...

If they had "built-in snooping and government approved backdoors to encryption" [sic], the NSA wouldn't need to intercept Cisco gear whilst it's shipping, steam open the carboard envelope, open the box and insert a physical device, would they? (You remember those pics of that operation in the Snowden dump, I'm sure.)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: Better still...

Speaking for myself, I found what GCHQ mandated as components to be destroyed in the laptop the Guardian had with the Snowden material far more revealing.

2. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

"more than 50,000 ASA-susceptible devices, many un-patched.."

Still as long as they are not connected to the internet they don't need to be patched.

Ohh.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2020