back to article Oh, Red Hat. Contain yourself and your 'new innovations' talk

Red Hat is going full tilt after bringing containers and traditional Linux apps together under its management with a raft of announcements. The company has launched: A Linux container operating system via Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host. Red Hat OpenShift container development and …

1. Valeyard

Openshift looks so awesome

but it was just too locked down to be useful at all for what I wanted and the documentation is all over the place, ended up going to Heroku. I'll have to go back to it sometime and see if it's improved

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

"new innovations"?

What happened to the old innovations?

3. Reg T.

Red Hat is now

as trustworthy as its partner - MIcrosoft.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Facepalm

Re: Red Hat is now

Either way it's a win-win for Micro$oft, if the partnership is successful they get more fully indemnified Microsoft Linux into the server room, if the partnership fails ;) then Red Hat Linux is taken off the board. When I say if the partnership fails, I of course mean when it fails. ref

4. Platypus

It's misleading to say Red Hat Gluster Storage will be available this summer, or to imply that it's just now competing with Portworx et al. RHGS has been available for years, since before some of those others issued their first press release - let alone wrote their first line of code. It's just the new version that's coming.

5. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Thumb Down

You can go off folks

... and I've rather gone off Redhat

6. W. Anderson

Once it was Microsoft "only" announcements and propaganda

Is Chris Mellor that concerned because all this innovation and advanced technology announcements, particularly regarding Cloud Computing is from Redhat and not Microsoft, the darling and heroine of many The Register pundits.

What is so ironic is that a significant amount of Free/Open Source Software (FOSS), including RedHat Enterprise, Ubuntu and Debian Linux, as well as FreeBSD, Apache Hadoop, Spark and other indispensable FOSS is now being closely integrated into most Microsoft technologies, especially Cloud Computing services.

It was only a short time ago that Steve Ballmer and Bil Gates declared that Linux was Communist, a cancer, that the GPL- under which Linux is licensed is stupid, and that most other innovative FOSS software was crap and could never compete with Windows and rest of Microsoft's portfolio, that the company now "dubiously" embraces.

A sea change in technology progress.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like