back to article Nazi witch-hunt ends with fierce judgment

The attempt to dismiss a patent judge from his position – including unsubstantiated claims that he possessed Nazi memorabilia – has led to fierce formal criticism of the president of the European Patent Office (EPO). The EPO's independent Boards of Appeal published a report [PDF] Thursday in which it decided not to dismiss the …

1. Mark 85

Well... all this is making the popcorn sellers happy. I just feel like we're watching a really, really bad movie being played out here and it's not going to end well for someone. Anyway... like watching a train wreck... can't not watch.

2. Youngone Silver badge

Why?

I can't figure out how this guy keeps his job.

The Administrative Council continues to back him despite that fact he has borked things so badly that he needs bodyguards.

Hard to explain I would have thought.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Why?

Just loot at what's going on at FIFA... someone gets some power helped by some others, and promises to give 'em some advantages as long as he or she retains power...

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"it is hard to imagine how he will continue to retain support"

He doesn't appear to need support - he's embedded. Lick a tick. He's in the place and nobody has found the tweezers yet.

1. Jimmy2Cows Silver badge

Re: "it is hard to imagine how he will continue to retain support"

That son of a bitch is dug in like an Alabama tick

2. Jimmy2Cows Silver badge
      Coat

Re: "Lick a tick"

Well... you can lick a tick if you want. Can't imagine it'd be pleasant.

4. Intractable Potsherd

Apologies to people working at the EPO

I recently posted a question on http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2016/06/01/epos_boards_of_appeal_rail_against_king_battistelli/ in good faith asking if the issue was more about a new broom challenging established poor working practices. Whilst the question still has some validity, I apologise to people working at the EPO for doubting the resistance to what he is doing - Battistelli is bat-shit crazy, and you must be really unhappy to be working under such conditions. I hope you get your wish to be rid of him before he causes irreparable damage.

1. Fatman
      Joke

Re: Apologies to people working at the EPO

<quote>I hope you get your wish to be rid of him before he causes irreparable damage.</quote>

Just call the BOFH, and he can arrange for a 'lift malfunction'.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon