back to article 123-reg email goes TITSUP

Comedy internet vehicle 123-reg has been busy today fixing its email systems – after some customers were unable to access their messages. The web hosting company – which accidentally wiped away hundreds of websites when it deleted dozens of virtual servers in April and went all wobbly earlier this month – said only a "small …

1. ckdizz

Who the hell has their email service hooked up to those gimps.

2. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

"3rd time in as many weeks without email thanks to @123reg"

And thanks to being a slow learner.

3. Mark 85

I'm surprised there's still customers hanging in there with them. Unless they're on an ironclad contract of sort, that is.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Try leaving

Last time I looked it was difficult to leave and they charge to release your domain. The sort that bill your card for the next year without warning your the renewal is coming up. This avoids giving the customer the option to leave without suffering financial loss. Very dubious business practice.

Equally they hide the transfer out option somewhere difficult to find or just don't have one. Beware any company that does not have as simple a transfer out option as the transfer in option. It says only one thing - we want to make it difficult for you to leave and force you to wait on hold for ages before talking to someone who will try to persuade you to stay.

I seem to remember actually paying nominet to change the IPS tag before now as it was easier.

Constantly surprised that people complain but stay with this shower . If you have a 'busy' business pay for a professional service.

Don't even get me started on how wobbly their dns servers are.

1. No Quarter

Re: Try leaving

It's a rubbish service but it is extremely simple to change nameservers, change the IPS tag or get an Auth code in 123-reg.

I wouldn't dream of letting them host anything but there is never an issue transferring domains away from them. Unlike some of their competitors.

5. Tim Brown 1

Hotmail/Outlook/Windows Live Mail or whatever they are calling it this week is also titsup at the moment.

1. Triggerfish

Not been having trouble with my hotmail, didn't even realise there had been issues, not a paid for service anyway.

6. armyknife

What a shit company.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon