back to article Vodafone posts uptick in Europe but UK still a challenge

Communications provider Vodafone posed a 3.5 per cent fall in UK sales to £6.2bn for the full-year 2016, while fourth quarter revenue in Europe grew for the first time in five years. Group revenue for the biz decreased three per cent to £41bn for the full-year 2016, while earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and …

1. djstardust

Having joined Vodafone recently ......

I can state that it's been the worst CS experience ever.

They screwed up my initial SIM only deal.

They screwed up my upgrade to the Galaxy S7 Edge.

My upgrade date and data allowance is still incorrect despite asking them several times to fix it.

The credit they offered me for all the hassle never appeared then they denied giving it to me in the first place.

And to add to that anywhere outside my city seems to be GPRS only with absolutely no data throughput.

Every time you contact one CS channel, you are told within 30 seconds they can't help you. For example Twitter sends you to Live Chat, Live Chat sends you to the store, then the store tells you to call up and you end up with someone in India who doesn't have a clue. Their website is a mess too with dead links all over the place.

Please for your own sanity avoid Vodafone at all costs. As long as companies like this put the shareholders and profits before the customers, nothing will change.

I was quite looking forward to my 50th birthday later this year, but I'm going to postpone my celebrations by a year until my 24 months with this shower is over.

1. kmac499

Re: Having joined Vodafone recently ......

I'll certainly agree with you on the website, it's geared purely to the kids looking for their next upgrade. As soon as you try to do anything account based, it turns into a very demoralising adventure game. 'Lost in a maze of twisty turny confusing or dead pages'

1. James 51
        Facepalm

I was with them. Tried looking at the upgrade options on my account except that the mobile version of the site doesn't allow you to look at the upgrade offers. See icon.

2. JamieL

i don't know... sometimes it's a maze of turny twisty dead or confusing web pages.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Couldn't agree more... i have not come across a company that despises its customers as much as Vodafone. They are truly awful ... mind bogglingly, talktalk-are-saints-by-comparison, searingly bad. If you want to truly understand what kafkaesque means, sign up with vodafone. Even their store staff can do nothing .. they speak to same call centre people in the Philippines as we do and have to hold as long. 2 stores now have given me the chairman's office address in newbury and begged me to write letters... The staff at the call centres seem to be completely untrained, clueless and their systsems sound worse even than vodafone's consumer website and that's saying something .. vodafone cocked my billing for 3 years .. in all that time i was never once able to login to my account online and bills were sent so late that by the time they were paid, i had late fees .. and yes you have work how long it takes vodafone to clear a cc transaction as they don't take the date you make the payment, they take the date it clears. If you pay a couple of days before the payment deadline you STILL get late fees.

I have never really HATED a company before .. and they used to be so good 15 years ago .. the only reason i stay is their network is better for the places i go.

2. AndrueC Silver badge
    Mushroom

They might have more if their customer service wasn't so crap.

3. pig

They phoned me up a couple of months ago to tell me they had overcharged me and they were reducing my bill from £17 a month to £16 a month.

Having been with them since 1999, and experienced the horrendous drop into the mire of their customer services in recent years I was not surprised to find they were now charging me £22 a month.

Or that it took over an hour to correct on the phone with them.

57 minutes with the call centre idiot, then about 5 with the resolutions team when I finally managed to get them to put me through to someone who had the authority to fix it.

I know I should leave, but I’m lazy. More fool me I guess (and really, are the others better? Recommendations happily accepted).

4. Clockworkseer

For my sins

I'm with Vodafone, both for mobile and home phone/BB. My experience with their customer service has generally been "godawful" with interspersings of helpful. The last couple of times I've spoken to them I've ended up speaking to a UK callcenter, which accelerated things tremendously, the overseas ones generally being neither use nor ornament. I haven't had a recontract go without incident since I've been with them. The most recent one they managed to overcharge me because there was a part month involved, and some parts of their billing system don't seem to be able to handle parts of months very well.Fortunately, in this instance, they were swift. The previous recontract they managed to completely forget to set me on a 4g tariff, despite me getting a 4g phone, and forget the discount they'd offered me (because nobody ever notes things down.) I'm mostly still with them for asorted obscure financial reasons, but I must admit, the last month or two, they have taken a significant upturn in my satisfaction with them.

Now they just have to work the bugs out of this new billing system they have.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Their forums give you a clue

Looking through their own forums you will see them full of angry customers. Some are very detailed on their inability to deliver.

Ironically, the world is heading to supplying more encompassing complex communications services and they cannot do the basics.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like