Re: Love 'em or hate 'em...
Typical responses of the stupid consumer:
1."think they get good value"...
"The 16GB models are $40.56/GB for the 6s and $46.81/GB for the 6s Plus. The 64GB models drop to $11.70 and $13.27, respectively, with the 128GB models at $6.63 and $7.41"
The fools don't even realise that micro-SD cards are approaching the $0.50 per GB mark. They don't even realise they are paying between 10 to 90 times the cost of flash memory on as compared to Android users buying a micro-SD card with lifetime warranty, waterproofing and transferability to other devices like DSLRs and digicams. Your fruit company's cheapo eMMC 64GB and 128GB storage costs about at least 10 times (on a per GB basis) what it costs me to get a Samsung EVO 850 3D NAND SATA SSD for my PC rig, which costs me only about $0.60-0.70 per GB.
2. If its easy to fix, 3rd party repairers (who are typically much nearer to a consumer) would have been able to do it at low cost. The damn fruit company uses glue and glue and solder for everything G.E.D.D.I.T?
3. IFixit are amateurs? Then you must be Superman. They have become the pros at their job. They were the pioneers and they now supply parts for DIY enthusiasts and repair shops the world over!
4. Fruit company charges half the price to repair an out of warranty phone! Half the price to get the same obsolete thing after 1-2 years? A re-furbished set of the same thing? That is value? For the replacement of a $5 component part called a "battery" or "button" fails?
5. If it is durable, why do you even have to raise the subject of needing to bring it to a service centre? Cos the battery dies after 1 year? Or it loses so much of its capacity it dies at 50% level? Google to find out how many repair issues there are.
6. If it is repairable, why do you have to send it halfway across the world for repair in China? The rest of use take 5 seconds to change a battery, add a micro-SD card or remove the screws and connectors!