back to article MITRE's bug pilot program fix 'indefinitely' shelved amid criticism

A pilot project launched by vulnerability handler MITRE to address stagnation in the assignment of bug identification numbers has been shelved less than a day after its announcement and before its scheduled launch today. The pilot was devised in response to complaints by security researchers and MITRE board members about the …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CVE

Crap Vulnerablity Editors?

Clueless Vacant Extinct?

Clearly Very Eroded?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Back to the alternative that was proposed in El Reg!

https://github.com/distributedweaknessfiling/DWF-Database

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As a former MITRE employee all I can say is that I am not surprised. CVE is not properly stroking the egos of MITRE's bloated management and it is not making money. Their self-important management who has committed fraud (and I am not alleging) needs to cut and run now before someone realizes that they've mismanaged CVE and all of the promises they made as a Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) but are no longer following. They are too exposed and have to protect their awful management. Therefore, it's time to for them to cut CVE,

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CVE-2016-666 MITRE CVE system Flawed

A vulnerability at layer 8 of the OSI model has been identified in the MITRE organisation running the CVE system. Elements of the Layer 8 system are overpaid and ignorant to the issues and oversite, this vunerability has been confirmed in the wild, serveral workarounds have been proposed but as yet an offical fix is yet to be released.

cvssv2 base score 10.0

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like