back to article Uh-oh, no mo' dough to 'slow-mo' GoGo: American Airlines aims ammo at Wi-Fi pros

American Airlines has gone to court to ditch its in-flight Wi-Fi provider GoGo and find a better service elsewhere. The US airline has sued GoGo in Texas to trigger a termination clause in its contract with the air-to-ground broadband network. According to the Fort Worth Star Telegram, which covers American's home hub of …

1. VulcanV5
    Flame

Shooting itself would be an even bigger improvement

QUOTE: "The suit goes on to note that a number of American's competitors, including United, JetBlue and Virgin America, as well as Wright Brothers Airways, Ryanair, Thomson Holidays, British Airways, Thomas Cook and Wigan-Shetland International all provide a better passenger service than that offered by American Airlines."

Just thought I'd better provide that amendment in the interests of accuracy.

1. Bob H
      Joke

Re: Shooting itself would be an even bigger improvement

And the Mrs Grace L. Ferguson Airline and Storm Door Company

...waits for the first person to get that reference

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Is that the american counterpart to Verrifast Airlines Ltd.? (Passengers will please standby for their barley sugar injections...)

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Smilin' Stan

Bob Newhart, I presume (from way back before the TV shows).

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good

AA Platinum Frequent Flyer here. AA aren't as bad as y'all make them out to be...

GoGo is fine in certain areas of the US, and fine provided not many people are logged on (I've had better connectivity at 37,000ft over California than in the hotel I was staying at), but when you get over some of the more sparsely populated areas (from personal experience, notably between Denver and Chicago), or if too many people log on, it's horseshit.

1. David Neil

Re: Good

I'll second this, I've had better service flying AA transatlantic than I have with BA

1. cs94njw

That doesn't surprise me.

2. Crazy Operations Guy

American Airlines was were I learned that its possible to order an A320 with such spartan amenities. I mean cloth seats? Really? What kind of cheap-skate operation does something like that... My return flight was through Virgin America, only $20 more, the plane was the same model, but it had leather seats, full entertainment system (Seat-back display, game controller stored in the arm-rest, wide selection of media, charging ports (Both USB and 120v outlet), and much better lighting.

AA isn't bad, it just sucks compared to the other airlines.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like