Why so much moderation?

This topic was created by DougS .

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why so much moderation?

It used to be only a handful of articles had moderated comments, now it seems like all of them do. I could understand if there were a lot of problems with spammers or the like, but if there have been I sure didn't see them in the pre-moderation days.

Waiting for comments to be moderated reduces the flow of conversation as you can't see all the latest posts when you comment so there's more duplication and less ability for back and forth. I can see the need in some cases, but maybe allow those who have been around long enough to earn badges be unmoderated? If they prove they need moderation pull their badge and make them earn their way back to your good graces.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Gates Horns

Re: Why so much moderation?

It's only Orlowski's articles which are dissentproofed.

Only his articles because he's the MS infomercial outlet.

All his articles so it's not too obvious what's going on!

It's a shame really, cos some of his (non commercial) splaffing is actually quite good.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

2. This post has been deleted by its author

1. jake Silver badge

@1980s_coder

Why, PFY? What are you afraid of? Reality?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

I shudder to think of jake being unmoderated.

You're afraid we'll find out what he was doing to that pig he was carrying between his thighs that time he abseiled from the ISS into that secret Nork nookyooler facility to reprogram its malfunctioning control system and avert an international cataclysm?

Me too!

3. Known Hero
    Black Helicopters

only for badges !!

Well then I would like my badge back then !!! i lost it with a name change :(

I dont see much moderation, I generally read only the "fun" stories. Maybe it's because I don't read the sponsored article's, they wouldn't like anybody to disagree with their adverts ?

*CYNICAL BASTARD ICON NEEDED HERE

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon