back to article Anonymous floods Thai gov websites to protest backpacker murder case

Anonymous has blitzed Thai government websites in the latest phase of protests over the controversial conviction of two migrant workers for the murder of two British backpackers. Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Htun, both 22 and from Myanmar, were sentenced to death last month over the murder of Hannah Witheridge, 23, and David Miller, 24 …

1. Roq D. Kasba

Families divided over police support

Two approaches, yet neither will bring back the dead.

1. Mark 85

Re: Families divided over police support

And neither will Anonymous. Given that it's Thailand, the powers that be probably aren't worried about a few websites being knocked about. On the other hand, if they defaced the pages with slurs against the King, the crap would hit the fan....

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Given that the powers that be couldn't catch a cold I doubt anyone has much to worry about.

Modus operandii seems to be rounding up the nearest bunch of dodgy looking foreigners and poke them with a stick until they 'confess'

2. Little Mouse

I remember a piece I read in a Thai newspaper a few years ago, which, in all seriousness, reported that a convicted paedo had committed suicide in custody by bashing his own head repeatedly against a concrete wall. No-one there raised an eyebrow when I brought it up.

"Life on Mars" didn't only happen in the 70's I guess.

2. asdf

anonymous huh

Corruption in southeast asian courts. Stop the press. Good thing white Brits were involved or white Brits in their mum's basement may never have saved the day.

3. MrZoolook
    Trollface

Logic overkill!

"were sentenced to death last month to death"

Not many other final outcomes of being sentenced to death.

4. nilfs2
    Holmes

If instead of British they where, let's say, from Honduras...

...non a fuck would've been given.

5. Unbelievable!

any official or authority placing 'the object of their desire' under duress by going beyond the law needs a fucking good shake up and good hard kick in the nuts. Again Anon do something and raise the awareness if nothing much more. Not too keen on vigilante style of anything, but Anon do seem to pick valid causes and whilst they do they'll always have my support and respect.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like