back to article Does life as a hostage change your attitude to life as an IT contractor?

It’s rare that the Register has to give a “trigger warning”, but it was necessary when former Iraq hostage Peter Moore brought our Winter Lecture series to a close this month with a 60-minute account of his two-and-a-half years in captivity. After all, how often do we get a bunch of readers together in a pub to hear a talk …

1. 404
    Pint

Merry Christmas.

Moving video - we've been waiting all day to stream this - it did not disappoint.

Most honest and primal moment was the 'No Shit' in reference to 'showing stress'. Interesting body language throughout, don't blame him a bit.

Cheers, Mr. Peter Moore

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It may be an interesting video

But since el reg still has one foot firmly planted inside the past and insists on using plugins to show said video I will not be able to watch it.

Surprising, especially for a tech site.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: It may be an interesting video

AFAIK you are the first person ever to raise this as an issue and I may be missing something here. But in what way is this a plug-in?

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

In the way that when there's yet another handful or two of zero-day CVEs fixed in Flash the editorial line is that it should be nuked from orbit for the good of everyone.

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

>>> AFAIK you are the first person ever to raise this as an issue and I may be missing something here. But in what way is this a plug-in?

You're kidding right? The guy points out you're using the flash malware, which El Reg always goes out of its way - quite rightly - to make fun of, and you say he's the first person to raise this as an issue?

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If you want the YouTube link it's in the page source, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhG9cMm5esg&feature=youtu.be

3. NotBob
      Meh

Perhaps, one day, El Reg will provide transcripts for the rest of us.

1. Gannon (J.) Dick
        IT Angle

Just so, Not. I was looking forward to learning the distinction between mindless and beheaded, if any.

3. Freddellmeister

Very disturbing story about the state of civilization and politics. The end really makes you sick.

When you need the world to be black and white you are betrayed by this grey mess.I hope you will be able to amass enough strength to continue to share your experience.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

High level chat

Surely when speaking of terrorism that should be chatter.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He should get a refund

Starting with the US IRS and on to the HMRC (I think that's the agency). All the taxes he ever paid were a complete waste. Both governments failed him spectacularly in almost every way possible.

It's now obvious why both the Americans and the Brits have tried to twist the facts to distract everyone from seeing their ineptitude here. It's actually quite astounding that everyone doesn't see how full of shit all of our leaders really are.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon