back to article QLogic looks like it's running on empty

With three straight quarters of revenue declines QLogic still has to articulate a product strategy and start searching for a new CEO, leading to thoughts that the board is looking to sell the business. Its second fiscal 2016 quarter saw revenues of $103.4m, 19 per cent down on the annual compare and nine per cent down on the …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

I was just thinking there may be a CEO on the market before long.

2. CheesyTheClown

Missed the boat?

Qlogic could be wiping up the market if they delivered server grade silicon and drivers as well as a FC/FCoE target for Windows Server to make Windows Storage Server a viable SAN alternative for the SDS market. Instead, they seem hellbent on remaining just another silicon vendor.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Missed the boat?

FCoE ?

Who fell for that snake oil?

ROTFLMAO!!!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Emulex

FtW!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"broadcom ..which has the old emulex biz"

obviously nowadays it is very confusing who owns who and who is on top :) .

Avago bought (606M, not 60M) emulex( closed may 16,2015.)

Avago buying broadcom(37B).( to close may 2016) .

Then (el reg aug 18 2015 ) Broadcom investors ->ClassAct lawsuit to block the Avago purchase!.

5. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"QLogic is ready for a merger or an acquisition"

That must be true, because it certainly isn't ready to continue working the market.

If I were a customer at this point, I would freeze all spending with QLogic and wouldn't be planning anything new with it until the management situation is resolved - one way or another.

Without a CEO there is no telling what the future of a company is. There is no sense in giving money to such a company when there is no guarantee that they will be around to support the sales in six month's time.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon