Re: Eh. what?
Serbia never had BUK, and has not purchased such "old systems", otherwise, it would have been slightly different outcome on 1999 NATO bombing. Croatia purchased S-300 system from Ukraine in 1990s, but incomplete, so it was not usable to them.
BUK missile that hit MH17 has not been in manufacturing since 1986, and we all know what happened after SSSR got disolved and where some of those weapons ended up...untraced....and why we got so many rich Russinans now....
As who operated that particular BUK that knocked down MH17, we may not find out, ever, as there are too many political games on both sides. Also, to operate BUK, you need to have highly trained personnel, and those do not come available on the job market.
So far we can have some of those theories (please add to the list):
1. Rebels shot it with stolen unit from Ukrainian army - untrained personnel
2. Rebels shot it with stolen unit from Ukrainian army – Ukrainian Su-25 in the shadow of MH17, mixed with point 1
3. Ukrainian army shot it – not informed that commercial flights are in that corridor
4. Ukrainian army shot it – another plane in the shadow of MH17, possibly Russian
5. Conspiracy theory – scientist had cure for AIDS had to be “terminated”