back to article Pawn Storm attack: Flash zero-day exploit hits diplomatic inboxes

Hackers behind a long-running cyber-espionage campaign have begun using a new Adobe Flash zero-day exploit in their latest campaign. The attackers behind Pawn Storm targeted several foreign affairs ministries from around the globe using a Flash-based attack, Trend Micro reports. The targets received spear phishing emails that …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Your alien overlord - fear me

“One Ministry of Foreign Affairs got its DNS settings for incoming mail compromised,” - I call BS unless they ran their email from someone like Google or Hotmail - in which case they were already compromised by ad slurpers (and the NSA). MoFA would have/should have their email server on an intranet, even if was in another country.

If it's true Trend, name them and say how it found out about the compromise.

2. LDS Silver badge

Reader update yet not available from application

If I run Reader 11.0.12 update, it returns no updates are available. I'm dowloading upgrade from Adobe site, but why the patch is not yet available from its updater?

3. tony2heads
    Mushroom

bloody flash again

kill it with fire!

better yet, follow Ripley's advice

4. Mark 85 Silver badge

And yet another article on Flash.. and miscreants. Let's nuke Flash first.. then the miscreants. Both at the same time if we could put them all in the same room.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Biting the hand that feeds IT © 1998–2019